The Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Advanced Leadership for Engineers: Leading Teams, Organizations and Networks. The course is designed specifically for Engineers holding leadership positions or preparing for such positions.
In this business and management course, you will learn how to develop and apply a new mindset for leadership. The course will start on March 22, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $190
Session: Course Starts on March 22, 2017
Delft University of Technology has teamed up with edX to bring this leadership course for the engineering participants. Delft University of technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands.
edX is a world’s free online course provider and learning platform that provides you the best MOOCs from world’s large universities and helps you create effective online teaching and learning experiences in a collaborative, private environment.
About This Course
This professional education course is designed for engineers either currently holding a management position or preparing for one. If it’s your ambition to become a truly, effective leader, this course taught by internationally renowned experts in the field will help you to develop the skills you need to effectively lead organizations, projects and people to successful outcomes.
Why Take This Course?
In this business and management course you will learn how to develop and apply a new mindset for leadership – a process-based mindset – through mastering captivating concepts and engaging in challenging assignments. There are risks associated with this new type of mindset and the course will show how they can be managed effectively. An integrated approach combining elements of the more common project-based and the process-based mindsets will be presented.
- How to encourage multiple players with different interests to cooperate.
- How to recognize team dynamics and handle both individual and team issues.
- Develop awareness about team-level traps.
- Learn to understand the tacit ‘rules of the game’ of interacting in a complex world.
- Develop and apply a process-based mindset and learn how to integrate it with the project-based mindset.
Hans de Bruijn
Prof dr Hans de Bruijn is Professor of Public Administration in the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management at Delft University of Technology.
Gerdien de Vries
Gerdien de Vries is Assistent Professor Public Management and Organisation at the department of Technology, Policy and Management.
Dr. H. G. van der Voort
Haiko van der Voort is an Assistant Professor at the department of Policy, Organization, Law and Gaming, Faculty Technology, Policy and Management of Delft University of Technology.
The course is designed specifically for Engineers holding leadership positions or preparing for such positions. The completion of Leadership for Engineers MOOC is an advantage, but not a requirement. The MOOC content will be reviewed in the introduction week of course.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)