The Purdue University is offering free online course on AP Computer Science A: Java Programming Loops and Data Structures. This course is for anyone interested in taking a first-level computer-programming course, especially those who attend a school that does not provide a similar class.
In this computer science course, you will learn the basics of programming in the Java language, and cover topics relevant to the AP Computer Science a course and exam. This course will start on October 24, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 5-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Purdue University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on October 24, 2017
Purdue University is a vast laboratory for discovery. The university is known not only for science, technology, engineering, and math programs, but also for our imagination, ingenuity, and innovation.
About This Course
In this computer science course, you will learn the basics of programming in the Java language, and cover topics relevant to the AP Computer Science A course and exam.
This course will cover repetition statements (for, while, do-while and for-each), the array data structure, methods and recursion.
This course is for anyone interested in taking a first-level computer-programming course, especially those who attend a school that does not provide a similar class.
No previous programming knowledge is needed, although it is recommended that learners be comfortable with the topics addressed in AP Computer Science A: Java Programming .
- Nested loops
- Arrays and indexing
- Two-dimensional arrays
- Array indexing and loops
- Call stack
Department Head, Computer Science
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
K-12 Outreach Coordinator for Computer Science
Students should have completed CS180.1x – AP Computer Science A: Java Programming from Purdue University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)