The Babson College is offering free online course on Rise to Leadership: Become a CEO. This course will give you insight into how CEOs view strategic challenges, formulate solutions, and take action – and expose the path from individual contributors to the top job.
This course explores the key competencies that make the best CEOs effective leaders. This course will start on March 13, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: Babson College and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on March 13, 2018
Babson College is the top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education. We believe that entrepreneurship is the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value, and Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where more than 3,000 students from over 70 countries work together with faculty and staff to address the problems of business and society.
About This Course
The course explores six competencies of a successful CEO:
- Getting results. The ability to achieve ambitious operating goals by working at all levels of an organization;
- Creating culture The ability to articulate core values ??- such as customer value creation, integrity, and respect for the individual, win employee buy-in of the values, and create processes to ensure that they are used in hiring and promotion decisions;
- Attracting talent . The ability to attract and motivate a highly talented team that can set ambitious goals and achieve them;
- Driving innovation. The ability to create an environment that encourages talented employees to generate new ideas that spur revenue growth;
- Formulating strategy. The ability to analyze the company’s future opportunities and to develop and execute strategies to capture those opportunities; and
- Communicating with stakeholders. The ability to effectively communicate with the board, investors, and communities.
Why Take This Course?
This course will give you insight into how CEOs view strategic challenges, formulate solutions, and take action – and expose the path from individual contributors to the top job. Through case studies, group challenges, and feedback from current CEOs, you’ll explore six key skills that make an effective CEO, and form the foundation of their strategic work.
- How CEOs get results
- The power of creating an effective, positive culture in your organization
- How to attract top talent
- How to create an environment that drives innovation
- Analyzing future opportunities to formulate strategy
- Effective communication with stakeholders – the board, investors, and communities
Peter S. Cohan is a teacher, management consultant, angel investor, blogger, and author.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)