The Queensland University of Technology is offering free online course on Big Data: Statistical Inference and Machine Learning. This course equips you for working with these solutions by introducing you to selected statistical and machine learning techniques used for analyzing large data sets and extracting information.
In this three week course, applicants will learn how to apply selected statistical and machine learning techniques and tools to analyze big data. This course will start on June 12, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2 hours pw
Subject: Big Data: Statistical Inference and Machine Learning
Institution: Queensland University of Technology and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on June 12, 2017
QUT is a leading Australian university ranked in the top two per cent of universities worldwide in the 2015-16 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Our courses are in high demand, and our graduates include eight Rhodes Scholars, five of these awarded in the past six years. We are a connected, relevant and collaborative institution that seeks to solve real-world challenges.
About This Course
Many people have big data but only some people know what to do with it. Why? Well, the big problem is that the data is big—the size, complexity and diversity of datasets increases every day. This means we need new solutions for analyzing data.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Identify big data application areas
- Explore big data frameworks
- Model and analyse data by applying selected techniques
- Demonstrate an integrated approach to big data
- Develop an awareness of how to participate effectively in a team working with big data experts
Is a Professor at QUT and a Deputy Director of ACEMS. My interests are in statistical modelling and analysis, computational and simulation sciences and big data analytics.
Students will enjoy this course most and benefit from the learning experience if you have a basic understanding of statistics and mathematics at a university undergraduate level.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.