The Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Big Data Strategies to Transform Your Business. This course will enable professionals to take their organization and their own career to the next level, regardless of their background and position.
In this six week course, applicants will make your organization’s business strategy and model, as well as your own career path, future-proof by using big data’s disruptive power. This course will start on February 13, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 7-10 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on February 13, 2018
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges.
About This Course
Professionals will learn how to be in charge of big data instead of being subject to it. In particular, they will become familiar with tools to:
- Assess their current situation regarding potential big data-induced changes of a disruptive nature,
- Identify their options for successfully integrating big data in their strategy, business model and organization, or if not possible, how to exit quickly with as little loss as possible, and
- Strengthen their own position and that of their organization in our digitalized knowledge economy.
Why Take This Course?
The course will build on the concepts of product life cycles, the business model canvas, organizational theory and digitalized management jobs (such as Chief Digital Officer or Chief Informatics Officer) to help you find the best way to deal with and benefit from big data changes.
- Identify the stakeholders and characteristics of your sector in the era of big data
- Identify potential big data induced changes in strategy, business model, and organization and job descriptions
- Substantially change existing strategy, business model, and organization or adopted new ones as required
- Find and develop strategically important tasks for yourself in your organization
Claudia Werker is an associate professor in Economics of Technology and Innovation at the Department Technology, Policy and Management at Delft University of Technology.
Secondary school giving access to university studies required. Bachelor degree would be an advantage.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)