The Linux Foundation is offering free online course on Blockchain for Business – An Introduction to Hyper ledger Technologies. The course covers key features of blockchain technologies and the differentiation between various types of hyper ledger projects.
In this eight week course, applicants will learn how to start building blockchain applications with hyper ledger frameworks. This course will start on October 25, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Linux Foundation and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on October 25, 2017
The Linux Foundation is pleased to partner with edX to deliver our courses to anyone, anywhere in the world, at any time. We hope they provide entry points for students into the personal and professional rewards of being part of the Linux and broader open source community.
About This Course
This introductory course is carefully curated for both nontechnical and technical audiences. It examines block chains for the enterprise and a number of pertinent use cases from hyper ledger, a global cross-industry community of communities hosted by The Linux Foundation and advancing business block chain technologies.
Why Take This Course?
The course covers key features of block chain technologies and the differentiators between various types of hyper ledger projects. We’ll start with ‘what is block chain’ and open the discussion to identifying suitable block chain use cases for your business requirements.
- Describe Business Block chain and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Gain familiarity with current hyper ledger projects and cross-industry use cases
- Perform clean installations of the hyper ledger Saw tooth and hyper ledger Fabric frameworks
- Explore a sample use case/application in the context of the hyper ledger Saw tooth and hyper ledger Fabric frameworks
- Build simple applications on top of hyper ledger Saw tooth and hyper ledger Fabric
- Become involved in and contribute to the open source hyper ledger projects
President of DLT.Education
Developer & Project Manager at DLT.Education
Developer at DLT.Education
FinTech and Blockchain Entrepreneur
Blockchain Attorney – Fintech Portfolio
- Basic understanding of technology and computer terminology, networking, and databases
- Comfortable with terminal and command line
- Basic understanding of programming languages (Go, Node.js, Java, Python)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)