Ethical Fashion Forum (EFF) is offering free online course to build a sustainable fashion business. The course aims to help fashion professionals achieve commercial success, maximise benefits to communities and minimise negative environmental impacts.
In this five-week explore the issues which face entrepreneurs when growing a fashion business with a social or environmental ethos. The course starts on 25 July, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Fashion Business
Institution: Ethical Fashion Forum (EFF) and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on 25 July, 2016
Creative Skillset empowers the Creative Industries to develop skills and talent. Creative Skillset influences and shapes policy, ensures quality and secures the vital investment for individuals to become the best in their field and for businesses to grow.
About This Course
Ethical Fashion Forum is the global industry body for sustainable fashion. Since 2006, they have been helping fashion professionals achieve commercial success, while maximising benefits to communities and minimising negative environmental impacts.
Research shows that most CEOs believe that sustainability is important to their company’s reputation and that companies with strong ethical commitments often outperform those who don’t. Consumers too increasingly care about the social and environmental impact of the products they choose to buy.
Why Take This Course?
How To Build A Sustainable Fashion Business explores the issues which face entrepreneurs when growing a fashion business with a social or environmental ethos.
In this five-week, free online course we explore what sustainability means in the context of running a fashion business. This course is for anyone who wants to start or grow a fashion business, in a sustainable and ethical way. It will cover:
- Goal setting and business strategy;
- An overview of the key sustainability issues;
- Brand strategy and product planning;
- Financing your work;
- How to set up a supply chain;
- How to find sustainably made fabrics and ethical manufacturers;
- Product development;
- How to tell your sustainability story;
- Marketing strategy and promotion;
- And how to find customers and sell products.
Product & Impact Director at Mysource and the Ethical Fashion Forum. Specialist in labour standards in global supply chains & fair trade.
Marketing Manager, Ethical Fashion Forum and Mysource – enabling fashion professionals to #DoFashionBetter
Sarah Ditty is the Editor-in-Chief of SOURCE Intelligence, the B2B platform run by the Ethical Fashion Forum. Sarah’s work focuses on social, environmental and commercial issues in fashion.
There are no entry requirements beyond a desire to learn more. However if you already have some fashion and/or business studies or experience this course will enhance your knowledge with practical takeaways. This course is for anyone who wants to see fashion have a more positive impact on our world.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).