Microsoft is offering free online course to Build Web APIs using ASP.NET. This course is designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
In this course, applicants will learn the skills needed to create RESTful services using Web API, REST, ASP.NET Core, and CORS. The course will start on July 29, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on July 29, 2017
Microsoft is offering this online course via edX platform. Microsoft is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. In this new connected world, Microsoft believes technology creates opportunity, and courses are designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
About This Course
Want to learn how to serve data to your client applications using Web API? Perhaps you are considering creating applications for mobile devices but your data needs will exceed the storage capacity of the device. Perhaps you want tighter control over the data and wish to provide options for devices with limited or not always-on connectivity.
You will then be introduced to REST and RESTful concepts with discussions on synchronous and asynchronous programming.
The third module introduces you to ASP.NET Core and using Entity Framework for data access.
Finally, you will learn how to use Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) with your services and how to secure your Web APIs
Why Take This Course?
This course offers insight into the use of Web APIs using ASP.NET and C#. You’ll start with a review of client/server architectures and learn about data serialization and deserialization with JSON as the data format.
- RESTful Services
- Web API
- NET Core
Gerry O’Brien is a Senior Content Development Manager at Microsoft Learning with a focus on software development and database platforms.
Timothy Liu is a full-stack software engineer and technical writer at Myriad System with a focus on web development and fundamental training.
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Database knowlede
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)