National Tsing Hua University is offering free online course on Business Analytics Using Forecasting. Forecasting especially can provide a powerful toolkit for analyzing time series data.
The overall objective of this course is to learn scientific and practical approach for creating and evaluating forecasting solutions. The course will start on October 2, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Business Analytics Using Forecasting
Institution: National Tsing Hua University and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on October 2, 2017
National Tsing Hua University was established in Beijing in 1911 as Tsing Hua Academy. In 1956, National Tsing Hua University was re-established at its present location in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
About This Course
Companies, governments and other organizations now collect and analyze huge amounts of data about suppliers, clients, employees, citizens, transactions, and much more. There are a number of ways organizations can use this data. Business analytics uses this data to make better decisions and forecasting is an arm of this predictive analytics. Forecasting especially can provide a powerful toolkit for analyzing time series data.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
- Learn how to define a forecasting task and workflow
- Understand how to evaluate forecasting performance
- Apply and be familiar with popular forecasting methods
- Explore, identify and model different types of patterns in time series
- Be able to implement a forecasting process in practice
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods including linear regression.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and R software.
Distinguished Professor at NTHU, Taiwan. Pioneered business analytics courses at U of Maryland, Indian School of Business, NTHU & Statistics.com.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).