Curtin University is offering free online course on Buyer Behaviour and Analysis. This course is part of the CurtinX MicroMasters Credential in Marketing in a Digital World that is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field.
In this course, applicants will learn about the role of consumer behaviour within marketing. The course will start on September 4, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 12 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $199
Session: Course Starts on September 4, 2017
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
For marketers, an understanding of how a consumer selects, purchases, uses and disposes of products and services is pertinent to successfully managing the marketing function.
In this course, you will learn about the role of consumer behaviour within marketing. We will discuss how this behaviour is shaped by the social and cultural environment, as well as a number of psychological factors. You will learn about decision-making processes in consumption behaviour in different buying situations. This will develop your ability to integrate marketing processes at a higher level.
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will learn how to analyse and apply consumer and buyer behaviour fundamentals to develop an effective marketing campaign.
- Apply analytical tools to determine how culture, personality and lifestyle affect the behaviour of consumers and self
- Analyse how consumer attitudes are formed, and consumer opinions change in order to better understand your own and other’s personal consumption experiences
- Evaluate how different sources of group influences can affect and radically change consumers’ consumption
- Create specific marketing strategies that focus around what motivates consumers, what captures their attention and what retains their loyalty
Dr. Isaac Cheah
Senior Lecturer, School of Marketing, Curtin University
Successful completion of MKT1x and MKT2x
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)