Catholic University of Louvain (UCL) is offering free online course on Communicating Corporate Social Responsibility. This course is aimed at students who are unfamiliar with business concepts and language might have more difficulty understanding certain notions
The overall objective of this course is to explore what corporate social responsibility is, how it works, and its true impacts. The course will star on February 6, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Catholic University of Louvain (UCL) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on February 6, 2017
The Catholic University of Louvain (UCL), founded in 1425, is one of Europe’s oldest universities. The university has more than 28,000 students from bachelor’s level to doctorate and adult continuing education, in all disciplines. With its main campus located in Louvain-la-Neuve, next to Brussels, the university attracts every year 5,000 international students from more than 120 countries. UCL is ranked first among Belgium’s French-speaking universities (QS World University Ranking).
About This Course
Driven by global crises in financial, economic, and governance systems, companies all over the world devote massive resources to their corporate social responsibility (CSR). But what is CSR? What does it mean, and what does it involve? Do stakeholders really care, and if they do, how should companies communicate with them? In uncertain modern climates, CSR is a crucial driving force of a (r)evolution in business.
- Understand the multidimensional nature and content of corporate social responsibility
- Adopt a critical perspective on managerial practices related to societal issues
- Stimulate and manage impactful changes in organizations, toward more responsible postures
- Reconcile multiple stakeholders’ interests (and understand the importance of doing so), into a clear, persuasive, smart action and communication plan
- Recognize the risks of CSR washing, as well as the opportunities related to a strong CSR communication strategy
Valérie Swaen is professor of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and marketing at the Louvain School of Management of the Université catholique de Louvain in Belgium and at IESEG School of Management (France).
- No prior knowledge is required, though interest in the topic of corporate social responsibility will be helpful
- Students who are unfamiliar with business concepts and language might have more difficulty understanding certain notions
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)