Thunderbird School of Global Management is offering free online course on Communicating in a Global Context. This course uses a dynamic and engaging approach to develop the skills for effective communication in international business settings.
In this six-week course, applicants will learn how cultural differences impact business communication and gain hands-on experience to enhance your international managerial communication skills. The course will start on March 13, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Thunderbird School of Global Management and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ 249
Session: Course Starts on March 13, 2017
For 70 years, Thunderbird has set the pace for global management education as the premier institution for students, organizations and professionals looking for an edge in international business. A consistently top-ranked international business school, Thunderbird understands the complexities, challenges and competitive forces that make business across borders a nuanced endeavor. A Thunderbird education sets you apart from the competition and prepares you to make an immediate, lasting impact worldwide.
About This Course
Understand and master strategies for interpersonal encounters, including conflict resolution, in multicultural environments.
Working in a global, cross-cultural role requires effective communication with individuals and groups from different parts of the world. Your success depends on your ability to work effectively with people who may understand and react to situations differently. Therefore, your ability to communicate effectively is a critical requirement. This course uses a dynamic and engaging approach to develop the skills for effective communication in international business settings. School will cover techniques and methods for handling interpersonal encounters in multicultural environments.
Why Take This Course?
You will leave the course with stronger communication skills, knowledge, insights and experiences necessary to be a successful international manager.
- Models of culture, communication and cross-cultural communication interactions and how business relationships are impacted
- To develop an empirical understanding of how cultures of the world compare to one another
- To evaluate the impact of cultural differences on managerial communication
- To be an effective communicator in a cross-cultural setting
- Influences of personal and cultural “baggage” on cognitive, affective, and cross-cultural behavioral processes and specific examples of how people communicate in different cultures
Garvin Distinguished Professor
Thunderbird School of Global Management
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)