Catalyst is offering free online course on Communication Skills. In this skills-based course, students will explore practical strategies and techniques to apply in their daily life.
The overall objective of this course is to develop practical communication skills to mend divides and build a more tolerant and inclusive world. The course will start on February 7, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: less than 1 day
Effort: 45 minutes
Institution: Catalyst and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course Starts on February 7, 2017 – Self-Paced
Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization with a mission to expand opportunities for women and business. They are dedicated to creating more inclusive workplaces where employees representing every dimension of diversity can thrive.
About This Course
Now more than ever, you are going to school, working, and living in communities with people who think, look, and have beliefs different from your own. This 45-minute course will give you the skills to bridge those divides and find common ground.
In this skills-based course, we will explore practical strategies and techniques to apply in your daily life. You will learn about the difference between dialogue, discussion, and debate; micro-affirmations; and how to be an ally.
If you are seeking to develop and practice these skills and apply them to build a more inclusive world, this course is for you. The course is also mobile-friendly.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Communication skills to help you engage in dialogue instead of debate
- How small but powerful acts of kindness (micro-affirmations) can lead to positive behavior changes
- How to be a meaningful ally
- Strategies to bridge divides, build inclusion, and create places where everyone feels welcome
Tolonda M. Tolbert PhD
Senior Director, Inclusive Leadership Initiative
Community Manager, MARC (Men Advocating Real Change)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)