Deakin University is offering free online course on Competitive Advantage: Using Information to Build Business Success. This course is aimed at a wide range of learners interested in the way contemporary businesses use information to gain a competitive advantage.
In this two week course, applicants will learn the value of information to businesses and how it can give the business a competitive advantage. This course will start on November 6, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Competitive Advantage: Using Information to Build Business Success
Institution: Deakin University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 6, 2017
Deakin University is Australia’s eighth largest university with more than 53,000 students from more than 100 countries studying online and on-campus!
About This Course
Apple, Face book and Google are three of today’s most vibrant companies. And they have something in common: they understand that the value of their business is built on what they know about their business and their customers, and this gives them their competitive advantage. Information is the key to contemporary business success.
Why Take This Course?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify how information and IT can generate business value for competitive advantage.
- Discover how different kinds of IT investments provide different types of business value.
- Analyze your own competitive advantage and the value of information you hold.
- Develop a plan for how you can successfully use the value of information in your career.
This course is aimed at a wide range of learners interested in the way contemporary businesses use information to gain a competitive advantage. It will be of particular interest to new small to medium enterprises and learners devising new business plans.
Rens Scheepers is Professor of Business Analytics at Deakin Business School at Deakin University, Burwood Australia. His teaching and research focuses on information-based competitiveness.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).