The Harvard University is offering free online course on CS50’s Computer Science for Business Professionals. This course takes a top-down approach, emphasizing mastery of high-level concepts and design decisions related thereto.
This is CS50’s introduction to computer science for business professionals. This course will starts on January 4, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-6 hours pw
Institution: Harvard University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $90
Session: Course Starts on January 4, 2018
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty is engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge.
About This Course
This is CS50’s introduction to computer science for business professionals, designed for managers, product managers, founders, and decision-makers more generally. Whereas CS50it takes a bottom-up approach, emphasizing mastery of low-level concepts and implementation details, this course takes a top-down approach, emphasizing mastery of high-level concepts and design decisions related thereto.
Why Take This Course?
Students will emerge from this course with first-hand appreciation of how it works and all the more confident in the factors that should guide your decision-making.
- Computational thinking
- Programming languages
- Internet technologies
- Web development
- Technology stacks
- Cloud computing
David J. Malan
David is Gordon McKay Professor of Computer Science Practice at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and a Member of the Faculty of Education at the Graduate School of Education at Harvard University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)