The CISAC is offering free online course on Copyright: History, Culture, Industry. This is an introductory course open to those interested in history and copyright.
In this four week course, applicants will understand the importance of copyright and know its history, from the Renaissance to the Internet. This course will start on January 15, 2018.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Copyright: Historia, Cultura, Industria
Institution: CISAC and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 15, 2018
CISAC, the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers, is the world’s leading network of authors’ societies.
About This Course
Have you ever thought about how a composer or a writer makes a living? This course breaks down the history of the process of professionalization of the creators.
Why Take This Course?
Students will see how copyright legislation has developed from the idea that the artistic work is the property of its author. You will discover how the advance of communication, from the invention of the printing press in the 15th century, led to the growth of the creative industries.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Familiarity with the concepts of copyright and copyright.
- Knowledge about the legal structure of protection of artistic works.
- Awareness about the importance of the legal protection system as an essential tool for building a fair market for creators.
This is an introductory course open to those interested in history and copyright. It can also attract those who act in the creative and cultural industry.
Marisa Gandelman is a musician and music teacher. I became a lawyer in copyrights. I did a Doctorate in International Relations and worked as CEO in a composer’s association. Now I’m an educator again.
Ben is an instructor in Global Entertainment and Music Business at the Valencia Campus of Berklee College of Music.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).