Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making. This course introduces each technique and applies each technique to a case. Ultimately, the combination of these techniques provides a coherent analysis of the problem.
In this course, applicants will learn how to solve complex problems with analysis based decision-making and solution designs.
Course At A Glance
Effort: 20 -40 hours pw
Subject: Business and management
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Our students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of our reputation for quality education and research.
About This Course
Explore complex, multi-actor systems in which one factor influences all other factors. For instance, how innovative energy technologies merge into the existing energy system, or how new transport possibilities impact current processes. Armed with this information, learn to decide whether they should be further developed, consider possible negative results and weigh associated costs.
Why Take This Course?
This course explores and evaluates tools and problem solving methods such as:
- Actor analysis
- Causal modeling
- Goal trees and means-end diagrams
- Problem diagrams
- Decision support
- Score cards
This course introduces each technique and applies each technique to a case. Ultimately, the combination of these techniques provides a coherent analysis of the problem.
- Analytically based support of decision-making, design and implementation of solutions.
- How to apply tools like actor analysis, causal modeling, goal trees and means-end diagrams, problem diagrams, uncertainty, decision support and score cards.
Alexander de Haan
Alexander graduated as an aerospace engineer as well as an organizational psychologist. He holds a PhD on the analysis of sustainable aircraft technology.
She has been a member of the FSR (Faculty Student Council) with online and blended education as topic of special interest.
Elianne de Regt
Elianne is a technology consulting analyst at Accenture. She has an MSc in Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management from the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management of Delft University of Technology.
Els van Daalen
She is associate professor of policy analysis at Delft University, and has been involved in teaching and research on methods for systems and policy analysis for over 20 years.
None, apart from an open mind and the desire to discover new opportunities to get a firm grip on complex situations or a case you want to analyses.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)