Microsoft is offering free online course on Data Cleansing with Data Quality Services (DQS). This course requires applicant to have a basic understanding of the Business Intelligence process and database design and storage.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives. This computing power will digitize nearly everything around us, and will derive insights from all of the data being generated by interactions among people and between people and machines. We are moving from a world where computing power was scarce to a place where it now is almost limitless, and where the true scarce commodity is increasingly human attention.
About This Course
Is your data messy? Do you need to learn how to clean it up? In this computer science course, we will discuss the discipline of Data Quality Assurance and Data Quality Services (DQS). You will learn why your data needs cleansing, the capabilities and features of DQS, what a DQS solution looks likes and how data cleansing integrates with an Integration Services (SSIS) data flow. We will demonstrate a variety of critical data quality activities such as knowledge discovery, domain management, matching policies for the de-duplication of data, reference data services, and administration topics covering installation, configuration and security.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- The discipline of Data Quality Assurance
- SQL Server DQS capabilities and features
- Creating DQS solutions
- The SSIS DQS Cleansing component
- Matching Policies and Projects
- Referencing data services in DQS
- Administering DQS
Peter Myers is a consultant, trainer and presenter, and has worked with Microsoft database and development products since 1997. Today he specializes in all Microsoft Business Intelligence products and also authors training course content for Microsoft products and services.
Cari is a content developer at Microsoft. Her current role involves developing, producing and delivering Data Analytics courseware. Her experience includes developing content for IT Professionals and developers with a major focus on Business Intelligence Solutions.
Joey Chemis is a Data Scientist and Software Engineer at Microsoft with a focus on predictive analytics. His work involves forecasting projects that enable him to assist First Party Devices and the Commercial Team in demand planning, while using development tools such as R, Power BI, Azure Machine Learning, SQL Server, and Excel.
Oliver Engels is CEO of oh22data AG, a Microsoft Gold Partner in Germany specializing in customer relationship management (CRM) and Business Intelligence.
Tillmann Eitelberg is CEO and co-founder of oh22information services GmbH, which specializes in data integration, data quality, and master data. Tillmann is an active blogger at www.ssis-components.net, writing regularly about data quality topics and his passion: spatial data. In addition, he has published several SSIS components on Codeplex.
- A basic understanding of the Business Intelligence process.
- A basic understanding of database design and storage.
Suggested prerequisites / Supporting Material:
- Delivering a Relational Data Warehouse
- Implementing ETL with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)