The International Monetary Fund is offering free online course on Debt Sustainability Analysis. This online course aims to provide a comprehensive overview of debt sustainability analysis (DSA) and a medium-term debt management strategy framework adopted by the IMF and the World Bank.
This course combines theory with hands-on exercises. This course will start on May 1, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: The International Monetary Fund and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course Starts on May 1, 2018
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, and promote high employment and sustainable economic growth.
About This Course
The course will: (i) introduce the main principles of debt sustainability; (ii) cover recently updated DSA frameworks — both for advanced and emerging markets and for low-income countries — with an emphasis on country data; (iii) present a medium-term debt management strategy (MTDS) framework; and (iv) illustrate debt sustainability analysis under uncertainty.
Why Take This Course?
Whether you have a professional interest in debt sustainability or debt management or you are simply curious about these issues, we hope that you will join us in this in-depth study of one of the most critical and current issues in economic policy today!
- Macroeconomic variables that impact a country’s debt
- Definitions of debt sustainability
- How to develop a debt management strategy
- About debt sustainability under uncertainty
Senior Economist, African Division, Institute for Capacity Development
Economist at the Strategy, Policy and Review Department
Economist in the Monetary and Macroprudential Policies Division
Senior Economist, Monetary & Capital Markets Department
Deputy Division Chief, Fiscal Affairs Department
Some knowledge of macroeconomics is desirable. Some exercises require using Excel.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)