Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is offering free online course on Design Practice in Business. This course will introduce you to a hands-on design approach for finding new business opportunities.
In this five-week course, applicants will learn the essentials of design practice for developing new business opportunities and sparking innovation. This course will start on May 1, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-6 hours pw
Institution: Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on May 1, 2017
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Their students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of their reputation for quality education and research.
About This Course
Are you a design practitioner eager to become more strategic? Are you a business professional who wants to become more innovative? In this course, made by the world’s first strategic design school, you’ll follow the lead of big successful companies who already create new business opportunities and spark innovation by practicing design.
Why Take This Course?
This course is produced by the same team that created the Strategic Product Design master programme at TU Delft, one of the oldest and most established programmes of strategic design in the world. Moreover, industry experts will help bridging design practice and business theory in a way that is unique in the present educational landscape.
- How practicing design at a strategic level makes your organisation more innovative
- Ways designers discover new business opportunities
- Translating business insights into valuable concepts
- Making a concept a business success
- The pros and cons, the do’s and don’ts of design practice for business
Assistant Professor of New Product Marketing
Roland van der Vorst
Professor of Strategic Design for Brand Development
Erik Jan Hultink
Professor of New Product Marketing
Assistant Professor of Design Theory and Methodology
Christine De Lille
Assistant Professor in Designing User-Centred Organisations
Assistant Professor in Strategic Value of Design
Delft University of Technology
Professor of Organising Product and Service Design
Director, Master Program Strategic Product Design
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)