Microsoft is offering free online course on Developing Dynamic Web Applications Using Angular. In this course for developers using Angular versions 2 and greater, Students will work through a series of sequential modules that cover increasingly complex topics.
In this four-week course, applicants will learn the basic concepts behind Angular and the lifecycle of an Angular component. Plus, learn about the TypeScript compiler and how it’s used with Visual Studio Code. This course will start on August 2, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on August 2, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
If you’re a front-end developer using Angular, you’re already creating dynamic webpages for mobile and desktop web apps. Broaden your programming experience with a deeper dive into this open source framework.
Why Take This Course?
Learn about the lifecycle of an Angular component or directive, the dependency injection framework, and even how to design modular applications. Work with advanced TypeScript features, like declarations, modules, and namespaces, and see their usage within Angular.
- The history and basic concepts behind Angular
- How to build components and HTML templates
- The basics of component lifecycle
- How to use TypeScript features with Angular
Sidney Andrews is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Director of Developer Training with Opsgility. He has a background in ASP.NET web development and also extensive experience with client and device development leveraging XAML.
Pete Harris is a Senior Content Developer in Microsoft’s Learning Experiences team based in Redmond, WA.
Experience with web development fundamentals.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)