Curtin University is offering free online course on Digital Branding and Engagement. This beginner’s course is aimed at anyone with a key focus on communication via the web.
In this four-week course applicants will learn to increase brand engagement through the creation and distribution of content using an owned digital channel approach. The course will start on February 27, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Starts on February 27, 2017
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
In today’s interconnected, hyperaware world, brand awareness and brand engagement are synonymous. We are in the age of digital brand engagement, where brands need to participate in, and inspire, a two-way conversation with their consumers.
This course will teach about this shift and how it has altered the way brands communicate with their audiences. Applicants will learn about the challenges of managing a digital brand and how rich and compelling content, combined with digital distribution, are integral to brand engagement.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- The inter-relationship between paid, owned and earned media
- Consumer change and how it is altering brand communications
- Content marketing and how owned content can be distributed across company-owned digital media assets
- The value of Earned Media which interests your audience
Sonia Dickinson is an Associate Professor in the School of Marketing, Curtin University in Western Australia.
Basic level; no pre-requisite knowledge.
Module 1: The Digital Consumer
Module 2: Content Marketing
Module 3: Owned Media Assets
Module 4: Earned Media
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)