The Delft University of Technology is free online course on Digital Manufacturing for Industrial Design. This course is primarily geared towards working professionals that are required to understand, use and extract value from digital manufacturing methods.
In this course, applicants will learn the latest in Digital Manufacturing, a disruptive technology for product realization that is rapidly changing the world of industrial design. The course will start on June 6, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ $250
Session: Course Starts on June 6, 2017
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Our students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of our reputation for quality education and research.
About This Course
Design professionals, supervisors and managers are required to understand, use, and extract value from digital manufacturing. Industrial design is a world that has grown increasingly digital, and in which the duration from idea to implementation is shorter than it has ever been.
This course gives you an opportunity to connect to emerging trends and technologies, the instructors, and their insights. It is taught by TU Delft’s leading scholars and experts in digital manufacturing. The Industrial Design Engineering faculty at TU Delft is a world leader in the application of technology, especially in applying it in a human-centered way. It is known for setting the agenda for the creative industry.
Why Take This Course?
The course uses hands-on assignments with software and mobile applications to develop your skills. We also have guest lectures from some of today’s most innovative designers; spurring exciting discussions. We hope to stimulate conversation about ownership and authenticity, the role of designers, and the benefits and implications of digital fabrication. These represent opportunities to network and interact with professionals worldwide, as well as the master students from TU Delft who take the course along with you.
- Understand the workflow of digital manufacturing: from scanning to modelling to fabrication;
- Judge the value of business and innovation opportunities and identify emerging concepts;
- Understand high-tech solutions, only doable by additive manufacturing;
- Design for 3D printing, such as parameterised and multimaterial models.
Dr. ir. Jouke Verlinden
Assistant Professor, Computer Aided Design Engineering, TU Delft
Dr. ir. Zjenja Doubrovski
Dr. ir. Zjenja Doubrovski received his MSc degree and PhD from the TU Delft.
This course is primarily geared towards working professionals that are required to understand, use and extract value from digital manufacturing methods.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)