University of Texas at Arlington is offering free online course on Digitizing Higher Education. This course provides an overview of how digitization impacts the economics, administration, academics, and research practices of universities and colleges.
In this six week course, applicants will explore the impact of digitization on how universities and colleges function administratively and academically. This course will start on September 11, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours pw
Subject: Education & Teacher Training
Institution: University of Texas at Arlington and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $59
Session: Course Starts on September 11, 2017
The University of Texas at Arlington is one of the nation’s most dynamic centers of higher learning, setting the standard for educational excellence in the thriving North Texas region it calls home.
About This Course
Higher education administrators, faculty, staff, and students will benefit from this course by exploring the emerging structure and role of higher education.
Why Take This Course?
Participants will engage with key trends that are shaping higher education and learn how these trends are amplified by the growing digital structure of society. In order to prepare their institution to become digital, learners will go through processes of evaluating trends, determining impact on education practices, and finally produce a strategic department or organizational planning document.
- Prominent digital technologies impacting higher education
- The influence of technology on research practices
- New models of teaching and learning enabled by digital technologies
- Making sense of organizational and learning data
- Creating a digital strategy for your university
- Monitoring and tracking your progress toward digitization
George is an author, researcher, and theorist in the field of learning, knowledge management, and technology.
Dr. Kelvin Bentley has held different administrative positions overseeing online learning initiatives for different colleges and universities.
Shirley is responsible for leading the achievement of the University’s key priorities in teaching and learning, the student experience and the use of data analytics in all aspects of the university’s work.
Abelardo’s research interests include the design and deployment of technology to increase the understanding and improve digital learning experiences.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)