The University of California, Berkeley is offering free online course on Effective Business Writing. This course will help you learn to organize your writing in the process of composing a business letter, email, or report is smoother and faster.
Applicants will learn how to choose the best format for your message, organize the information so it’s easy to read, and condense content for the most effective messaging. The course will start on April 23, 2018.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 3-5 hours pw
- Subject: Business Administration
- Institution: University of California, Berkeley and edx
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
- Session: Course Starts on April 23, 2018
The University of California, Berkeley was chartered in 1868, and its flagship campus — envisioned as a “City of Learning” — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay.
About This Course
This course will help you learn to organize your writing in the process of composing a business letter, email, or report is smoother and faster.
Why Take This Course?
Learn how to choose the best format for your message, organize the information so it’s easy to read, and condense content for the most effective messaging. Practice crafting a clear response to a complex email and writing a persuasive cover letter.
- How to compose an effective business letter, memo, and report
- Best approaches to formatting business documents
- Streamlining content for maximum effectiveness
- Getting your point across clearly and confidently
Margaret Steen., M.J., UC Berkeley Extension Honored Instructor, is a Bay Area freelance writer, editor, and writing instructor.
Course 1 – The Writing Process
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)