Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and Wageningen University is offering free online course on Entrepreneurship for Engineers. This course helps you understand the process of entrepreneurship from a technology-oriented background.
Students will work on your idea in a team environment and examples of founders and start-ups will be used during the course to initiate insightful discussions. This course will start on May 16, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Institution: Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Wageningen University & Research and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on May 16, 2017
Delft University of Technology
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges. We encourage our students to be independent thinkers so they will become engineers capable of solving complex problems. Our students have chosen Delft University of Technology because of our reputation for quality education and research.
Wageningen University & Research
Wageningen University and Research centre is dedicated to exploring the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Learn more about WUR. WageningenX courses train (future) professionals in sustainable food systems and help consumers making informed choices about what they eat, how it is produced and the impact of their choices on the environment and society.
About This Course
The course is made up of modules that are presented by experts in the field of entrepreneurship and technology. Modules include:
- Team Building
- Opportunity Recognition
- Customer Acquisition
Why Take This Course?
This course helps you understand the process of entrepreneurship from a technology-oriented background.
- Learn what it takes to become a “technopreneur”
- Explore various methods for identifying opportunities
- Learn how to conduct market research and provide evidence for the viability of the business idea
- Develop a viable business proposition and learn to pitch your ideas for various audiences
- Understand the dynamics of new venture development and team building
- Develop the ability to translate a business idea into marketing and financial plans
Researcher in Entrepreneurship, Eindhoven University of Technology
Director of the Center of Entrepreneurship, Delft University of Technology
Associate Professor at NIKOS, University of Twente
Associate Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Delft University of Technology
Assistant Professor of Education and Competence Studies, Wageningen University & Research
Assistant Professor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Wageningen University & Research
Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, Eindhoven University of Technology
None. A BSc degree is advised.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)