Australian National University (ANU) is offering free online course on Evidence-Based Management Foundations. This course is a graduate level course that assumes an undergraduate degree level understanding in a non-cognate area.
In this management course, students will spend time dissecting the evidence in support of these foundational theories and concepts.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Australian National University (ANU) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $149
The Australian National University (ANU) is a celebrated place of intensive research, education and policy engagement. Our research has always been central to everything we do, shaping a holistic learning experience that goes beyond the classroom, giving students access to researchers who are among the best in their fields and to opportunities for development around Australia and the world.
About This Course
The context in which managers work has changed dramatically over the past 50 years. And yet, the majority of business schools still teach the same foundational theories and management concepts.
In this management course, students will spend time dissecting the evidence in support of these foundational theories and concepts. Students will also learn to critically assess the relevance of existing management practice and knowledge in modern organisations, and evaluate the potential of emerging research and evidence in key management domains. Learners will explore the evolution of management thinking, organizational design, human resource management and more. The knowledge and skills developed in this course are particularly valuable for emerging leaders, established managers, and entrepreneurs.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Distinguish between the different concepts and theories of management.
- Establish the roles and functions of managers within organisations.
Senior Lecturer in International Business
Australian National University
Students are required to have completed EBM01x. This course is a graduate level course that assumes an undergraduate degree level understanding in a non-cognate area.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)