International Monetary Fund is offering free online course on Financial Programming and Policies, Part 1: Macroeconomic Accounts & Analysis. A course on the macroeconomic accounts, their interrelationships, and the analysis of economic developments.
Students will learn the basic skills required to conduct financial programming. This course will start on May 10, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: International Monetary Fund and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course Starts on May 10, 2017
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, and promote high employment and sustainable economic growth.
About This Course
How healthy is the state of the economy? How can economic policy help support or restore health to the economy? These questions are at the heart of financial programming. In our FPP courses you will learn the building blocks of how to answer to these questions.
Why Take This Course?
Financial programming is a framework to analyze the current state of the economy, forecast where the economy is headed, and identify economic policies that can change the course of the economy.
- How to identify the four main sectors of an economy and understand the key linkages among them
- How to read, interpret, and analyze macroeconomic data
- How to identify macroeconomic imbalances
- How to retrieve data for your own country and analyze it
Some knowledge of economics would be helpful, but is not required. Graded assignments require the use of spreadsheets.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)