The University of Washington is offering free online course on Finding your Cybersecurity Career Path. In this course, you will focus on the pathways to cybersecurity career success.
In this four week course, applicants will learn about different career pathways in cybersecurity and complete a self-assessment project to better understand the right path for you. This course will start on October 30, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-5 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University of Washington and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $79
Session: Course Starts on October 30, 2017
The University of Washington is one of the preeminent public research universities in the world dedicated to preparing leaders of change, promoters of ideas, and creating a culture of collaboration.
About This Course
In this course, Students will focus on the pathways to cyber security career success. You will determine your own incoming skills, talent, and deep interests to apply toward a meaningful and informed exploration of 32 Digital Pathways of Cyber security.
Why Take This Course?
Students will complete a self-assessment comprised of elements needed to determine essential next steps on your career path.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand a multitude of cybersecurity career path opportunities
- Apply problem-solving skills toward self-evaluation of compatibility with career pathways
- Narrow your exploration to the most compatible job path(s) in cyber security
- Assess knowledge, skills, and abilities in relation to the specific (and emerging) requirements for those paths
- Discover and identify training and other next steps needed to satisfy requirements and meet goals in cyber security pathways.
Barbara Endicott-Popovsky is the director of the Center for Information Assurance and Cyber security.
Curiosity and interest in cybersecurity.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)