Microsoft is offering free online course on Front-End Web Development Orientation: Microsoft Professional Program. This course is the first course students take as a part of the Front-End Developer Web, Microsoft Professional Program.
This orientation course is the first course in the Front-End Developer Web, Microsoft Professional Program curriculum. This course will start on January 1, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on January 1, 2018
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
The orientation course is designed to introduce the student to the Web Front-End Developer discipline by introducing the various technologies that computer programmers use when creating web sites.
The technologies are focused on aspects of web development that are part of the front end of a web application, more specifically, the executes on the client computer rather than on a server.
Why Take This Course?
This course is the first course students take as a part of the Front-End Developer Web, Microsoft Professional Program. It will introduce the topics that will be part of the course work throughout the program. Students will gain an understanding of the technologies and have the opportunity to explore some code and developer tools for work on web applications.
- What web front-end development is all about.
- The different languages ??that are used in this development arena.
- Learn about the frameworks in use today and how they apply to web development.
- Try out some of the tools available for web developers.
Gerry O’Brien is a Senior Content Development Manager at Microsoft Learning with a focus on software development and database platforms.
- High school
- Basic computer skills
- Internet knowledge
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)