Deakin University is offering free online course on Gender and Development. This course is designed for those who have an interest in or are working in gender development or the humanitarian and community sectors.
This online course explores why gender matters in contemporary international and community development.The course will start on July 10, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Gender and Development
Institution: Deakin University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on July 10, 2017
Deakin University offers a brilliant education where students are and where they want to go – in their lives and in their careers. Deakin University is Australia’s eighth largest university with more than 53,000 students from more than 100 countries studying online and on-campus. With world-class teaching and research, Deakin produces sought-after graduates poised to make a real difference in the world.
About This Course
This online course explores why gender matters in contemporary international and community development, asking:
- What does gender have to do with?international development?
- Is ‘woman’ the core of gender and development?
- What brings gender and development together?
- What is the history of women in international development?
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Explore what gender means
- Analyse moral and political challendges for gender inequity
- Discover why gender is important for the world
This course is designed for those who have an interest in or are working in gender development or the humanitarian and community sectors.
Dr Maree Pardy, is an anthropologist and lectures in Community and International Development. She researches and publishes in the areas of gender & cultural diversity, human rights and global change.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).