Catalyst is offering free online course on Get beyond Work-Life Balance. Applicants will understand the value of a flexible work environment and see what sets successful flexible workers and managers apart.
In this four week course, applicant will develop skills to go beyond balance and better manage work-life priorities as individuals and leaders. This course will start on May 9, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 1 – 1.5 hours pw
Subject: Business and Management
Institution: Catalyst and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on May 9, 2017
Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization with a mission to accelerate progress for women through workplace inclusion. We are dedicated to creating more inclusive workplaces where employees representing every dimension of diversity can thrive.
About This Course
Do you ever struggle to manage work and the rest of your life? You are not alone. Men and women all over the world are trying to figure out the impossible work-life “balance” and instead achieve success in all parts of their lives. Join Catalyst experts to learn the importance of inclusive leadership in creating flexible—and productive—work environments.
Why Take This Course?
Applicant will build your knowledge each section and share your experience with other learners on topics such as communication, technology, myth busting, challenges, and solutions. Throughout the course you develop a Personal Work-Life Plan to help apply the strategies taught and effectively manage your own work and life responsibilities or that of others.
- How to support flexible work environments and better work-life integration.
- Inclusive leadership behaviors that make you a more successful leader.
- How to identify barriers to work-life effectiveness and create solutions.
Amelia Costigan is a member of the Work Life Issues Specialty Team and the Catalyst Awards Team. In addition to answering reference questions from members, the media, academics, and the public, Ms. Costigan has also played an integral role in developing and updating numerous products and resources, including a line of India specific papers and tools including: First Step: India Overview, India: the Case for Gender Diversity, as well as three interactive toolkits Making Change in India Inc. addressing sociocultural barriers facing women in India today.
Liz conducts research on many areas of diversity and inclusion, including corporate governance, talent management, organizational change, and work-life effectiveness.
Laura Sabattini, Ph.D.
Laura Sabattini, Ph.D., has extensive expertise on issues of work-life effectiveness, talent management strategies, and barriers to women’s workplace advancement, with a focus on global perspectives and variations.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)