The Georgetown University is offering a free online course on Global Business in Practice. This course, applicants will come to explicitly understand that globalization affects every country regardless of its economic, political or social situation.
In this seven-week course, applicants will get an overview of the increasingly complex challenges of global business from the insights, perspectives and experience of Georgetown faculty and senior executives currently working in multinational companies.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: Georgetown University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: At your own pace
Georgetown University, the nation’s oldest Catholic and Jesuit university, is one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world.
About This Course
Global Business in Practice helps you understand the impact globalization has on global trade and how companies need to react. Business schools are very good at compiling theories; we add value by combining those theories with the practical realities faced by top executives and exploring the management of global business from their perspectives.
Why Take This Course?
Students will understand the horizontal nature of practical problem solving rather than the vertical work and learning that traditionally happens in functional silos.
Students will come away from this course with the foundation knowledge of what it takes to be a “Global Ready Leader” and will be able to use key findings about the workings of globalization to make more informed decisions in a business context. You will be able to:
- Understand the practical complexities of what globalization is and how it affects the business environment regardless of its economic, political or social situation;
- Articulate how global challenges are becoming increasingly complex by gaining insights from executives at different multinational corporations;
- Conceptualize the differences in global business orientations and apply them in specific situations (ie, multinational, global, glocal) using academic frameworks;
- Explain how regulations and geopolitical forces shape global business environments and create both tensions and opportunities in the context of global business;
- articulate how the global environment is changing and forcing companies to develop sustainability based on creating economic value by creating societal value;
- Appreciate how global supply chains are the response to the increasing integration of international markets as firms try to remain competitive.
Joseph P. Baratta
Maximo J. Blandon
Mark G. Del Rosso
President and CEO
Bentley Motors, Inc.
Thomas J. DeRosa
Franck J. Moison
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP
MVS Global Consulting services
Stephanie von Friedeburg
International Finance Corporation
Strategic Investment Group
Álvaro Fernández Garza
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)