The British Council and the University of Sheffield are offering free online course on How to Succeed in the Global Workplace. The course is for anyone looking to start work anywhere in the world.
In this four-week course, applicants will learn how to communicate effectively across cultures in a professional way and discover the skills to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, managers and clients. The course will start on
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: How to Succeed in the Global Workplace
Institution: British Council and University of Sheffield
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust worldwide.
The University of Sheffield is one of the world’s top 100 universities with a reputation for teaching and research excellence.
About This Course
The British Council and The University of Sheffield have teamed up to help you succeed when you enter the workplace for the first time. Beginning your career or starting a new job brings to mind lots of questions, so we’ve designed a course to guide you through those initial weeks and months so you can make a really positive start to your career.
The course is for anyone looking to start work anywhere in the world. It will also provide an excellent refresher to those already in employment, or returning to work after a career break, as you brush up on the most important communication skills needed to step back into the working environment. For undergraduates and graduates it will give you an insight into how to manage yourself successfully and the skills necessary to succeed in the global workplace.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
You’ll see videos from employers from small, medium and global organisations, giving you insights from around the world into what they look for from their new employees. You’ll learn how to communicate effectively across cultures in a professional way and discover the skills to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, managers and clients.
- This course is designed for anyone starting work, returning to work, or thinking ahead to the start of their career. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
- The course is aimed at native and non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.
He has been a teacher and trainer for over 13 years and worked in Europe, Africa and Asia. I spend my time at work teaching and developing online courses.
Manages the Information Team, responsible for developing the Careers Service website and creating interactive resources. Also responsible for providing an information service to our users.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).