World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is offering free online course on HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices. Students will learn all the new HTML5 features to help create great Web sites and applications in a simplified but powerful way.
In this six week course, applicant will learn how to write Web pages and Web sites by mastering HTML5 coding techniques and best practices. This course will start on May 30, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $129
Session: Course Starts on May 30, 2017
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to develop Web standards and guidelines designed to ensure long-term growth for the Web.
About This Course
HTML5 is the standard language of the Web, developed by W3C. For application developers and industry, HTML5 represents a set of features that people will be able to rely on for years to come. HTML5 is supported on a wide variety of devices, lowering the cost of creating rich applications to reach users everywhere.
Why Take This Course?
HTML5 provides native support for video and audio without plug-ins, provides support for offline applications, for games with smooth interactive animations, and much more.
- Learn the new simplified HTML5 tags
- Play with the audio and video tags
- Draw and animate fun Web graphics
- Discover the newest HTML5 forms features
- Test the basic APIs, such as Web storage and geolocation
- And most of all, practice coding techniques thanks to multiple interactive examples
Michel is Professor at the University Côte d’Azur – UFR Sciences. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Nice in 1993 He conducts research on Web-Instrumented Man-Machine Interactions and Semantics in Inria’s Wimmics project team.
- HTML: just be comfortable putting together an HTML document
- CSS: minimal familiarity with CSS
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)