The Chalmers University of Technology is offering free online course on Hybrid Vehicles. This course is aimed at learners with a bachelor’s degree or engineers in the automotive industry who need to develop their knowledge about hybrid power trains.
In this six week course, applicants will learn to design hybrid power trains which meet the needs of modern vehicles, by combining the strengths of both electric motors and combustion engines. This course will start on June 1, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 10-20 hours pw
Institution: Chalmers University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $200
Session: Course Starts on June 1, 2018
Chalmers University of Technology conducts research and offers education in technology, science, shipping and architecture with a sustainable future as our global vision.
About This Course
Why are hybrid vehicles still more common than electric? Why are electric vehicles still more expensive than conventional or hybrid ones? In this course, you will get the answers to this and much more.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, we will examine different mechanical layouts of hybrid power trains and how they influence the performance and complexity of the power train. Different sizing of power trains in micro, mild, full hybrids, as well as plug-in hybrids, is also discussed and you will learn how they can be modeled and analyzed for example by simulation of driving cycles.
- How to combine the strengths of electric and conventional power trains
- Pros and cons of different types of hybrid power trains
- Sizing of the electric machine, battery and combustion engine
- How to control a hybrid power train
- Simulate a hybrid power train and its controller
- Analyze cost-effectiveness of different types of hybrid power trains
Professor Sven B. Andersson got a Ph.D. in energy conversion in 1990 at Chalmers University of Technology.
Anders Grauers is an Associate Professor in Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Systems at Chalmers University of Technology, and has a PhD in electric machines.
ChM009x – Electric and Conventional Vehicles
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edxorg homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)