The University of Sydney is offering free online course on Information & Digital Literacy for University Success. This Specialization is aimed at preparing students for undergraduate study in an English-speaking university.
In this course, you will learn how to develop your Information & Digital Literacy Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies. The course will start on January 16, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks of study
Effort: 2-4 hours/week
Subject: Information & Digital Literacy
Institution: University of Sydney and Coursera
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on January 16, 2017
The University of Sydney is one of the world’s leading comprehensive research and teaching universities, consistently ranked in the top 1 percent of universities in the world. In 2015, we were ranked 45 in the QS World University Rankings, and 100 percent of our research was rated at above, or well above, world standard in the Excellence in Research for Australia report.
About This Course
This Specialization is aimed at preparing students for undergraduate study in an English-speaking university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture, and providing you with practical strategies to apply to your studies.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, you will learn how to develop your Information & Digital Literacy Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Access and search for information efficiently and effectively using a variety of digital tools.
- Critically evaluate the reliability of sources for an academic context.
- Filter, manage and organize information from a wide variety of sources for use in academic study.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues related to academic integrity surrounding the access and use of information.
- Understand how to use digital tools for referencing and attribution in order to avoid plagiarism.
- Understand how to disseminate and communicate information in a professional way, including managing digital identity and building networks for learning and research.
Katherine Olston, Deputy Director (Digital Learning)
University of Sydney Centre for English Teaching
This course is a high-level academic skills course designed to increase your level of academic preparedness prior to commencement of your studies in an English-medium university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture. The course may also benefit learners who have already commenced their studies and would like to further improve their academic skills to support and increase their chance for success at university.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create a Coursera account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.