Massachusetts Institute of Technology is offering free online course on You Can Innovate: User Innovation & Entrepreneurship. This course will help students think about what problems they should choose to solve and how to share their innovations with others.
In this six-week course, applicants will identify a problem and develop a solution as they learn about the phenomena of user innovation and entrepreneurship. This course will start on May 2, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6 hours pw
Subject: Business and Management
Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $500
Session: Course Starts on May 2, 2017
Massachusetts Institute of Technology — a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861 — is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. Learn more about MIT. Through MITx, the Institute furthers its commitment to improving education worldwide.
About This Course
The bootcamp is a one-week, intensive entrepreneurship education program that challenges you to start a company in 5 days. The Bootcamp offers you the unique opportunity to be mentored by MIT faculty and MIT alumni entrepreneurs and investors as you begin your new entrepreneurial journey
This course is not only for those planning to attend the Bootcamp, this course will teach you how to develop your ideas for innovative ventures whether you continue to the Bootcamp or not.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Understand the phenomena of, and distinctions between, user and producer innovation
- Understand the phenomenon of the “co-forming of need and the solution”
- Understand fundamental business concepts such as sticky information and low-cost innovation niche
- Understand the role of the principal/agent problem in innovation
- Understand key pathways for diffusion of innovation
Eric von Hippel
Eric von Hippel’s research discovers and explores patterns in the sources of innovation and develops new processes to improve the “fuzzy front end” of the innovation process—the end where ideas for breakthrough new products and services are developed.
Erdin Beshimov is a Founder of the MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp and Lecturer in MIT’s online courses “You Can Innovate: User Innovation & Entrepreneurship”, “Entrepreneurship 101: Who Is Your Customer?”, “Entrepreneurship 102: What Can You Do For Your Customer”, and “Entrepreneurship 103: Show Me The Money”.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)