Rochester Institute of Technology is offering free online course on International Project Management. This course is part of the RIT Project Management MicroMasters Program that is designed to teach how to successfully deliver projects in an international environment
In this course applicants will learn what makes global projects uniquely challenging and how to successfully manage projects based in different industries and countries. The course will start on August 28, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 11 weeks
Effort: 8-12 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on August 28, 2017
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
Managing global projects can present unique challenges. In this project management course, we will address cultural and social differences within organizations, among and within countries, language and dialect variations, religious, regulatory and legal practices and political contexts. We will explore project management practices for global projects by successfully enabling the project manager to navigate this expanding market. The course will utilize case studies and examples from companies to help students sharpen their project management skills to recognize and implement an environment that supports success in an international project environment.
- Identifying and dealing with global project challenges
- Managing global teams
- Global project tools, structures and practices
Dr. Celine Gullace PMP
Celine is an Instructor of Project Management at the School of Individualized Study at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Leonie Fernandes PMP
Leonie is an Instructor of Project Management at the School of Individualized Study at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Successful completion of or understanding of concepts from PM9001x.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)