UNSW Australia is offering free online course on Introduction to Enhancing Learning and Teaching in Higher Education. This course is suitable for teachers, educational designers and those supporting teaching and learning within higher education.
This course provides an introduction to approaches and methods used to evaluate and enhance your teaching, and your students’ learning. The course will start on .
Course At Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Enhancing Learning and Teaching
Institution: UNSW Australia and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
Based in Sydney and established in 1949, UNSW has more than 50,000 students from over 120 countries. UNSW aspires to provide students with an outstanding educational experience, which both reflects its strong traditions of excellence, innovation and social justice, and builds upon its strengths in scientific, technological and professional disciplines.
About This Course
This course provides an introduction to approaches and methods used to evaluate and enhance your teaching, and your students’ learning. The key question we answer is “How do you know you are doing a good job?”. In this course we will help you to improve your practice and the student learning experience to make learning and teaching in higher education more effective.
Why Take This Course?
In the course we will present a systematic approach to enhancing learning through evaluating your teaching using a model that guides you through a number of questions including:
- What is the purpose of evaluation?
- How can you evaluate your teaching, educational materials or courses?
- What is the context of the evaluation?
- Who are the stakeholders affected by the evaluation process?
- What evaluation tools are already be available to you?
- How can you design your own evaluation tools?
- How can you best reflect on the whole evaluation process to enhance your teaching and your students’ learning?
- Describe ways to evidence quality in learning and teaching
- Compare different approaches to evaluation
- Evaluate forms of feedback for enhancing educational practice
- Demonstrate the application of an evaluation process in your practice
This course is suitable for teachers, educational designers and those supporting teaching and learning within higher education.
Academic developer and Senior Lecturer adjunct to the School of Education and the School of Computer Science & Engineering.
She is an Educational Developer in the Office of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education)’s Unit at the University of New South Wales, Sydney. I am passionate about enhancing learning and teaching in HE.
She is an educational designer and developer at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. My interests include learning and teaching, educational design and higher education.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).