Microsoft is offering free online course on Introduction to Microsoft Azure. This computer science course will help you get started with Microsoft Azure technologies such as infrastructure, virtual machines, virtual networking, identity, and storage.
The overall objective of this course is to learn the fundamentals of working in a Microsoft Azure environment to help improve your business. The course will start on September 27, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours per week
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course will start on September 27, 2016
Microsoft is offering this online course via the edX platform. Microsoft is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. In this new connected world, Microsoft believes technology creates opportunity, and courses are designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
About This Course
Learn the fundamentals of working in a Microsoft Azure environment to help improve your business.
Begin learning what it takes to become a cloud administrator using Microsoft Azure, Microsoft’s open and flexible cloud computing platform.
Why Take This Course?
This computer science course will help you get started with Microsoft Azure technologies such as infrastructure, virtual machines, virtual networking, identity, and storage. You will learn how Microsoft Azure can help you build and manage your business’s applications and cloud services and help improve overall business productivity.
- How to use key capabilities and features of Microsoft Azure to improve your business processes
- How to deploy resources through web-based portals and manage Microsoft Azure subscriptions
- How Microsoft Azure Resource Manager is used to manage resources
- How to identify the components that make up a Microsoft Azure cloud solution
- How to automate Microsoft Azure resources with Azure PowerShell
Corey J Hynes
Corey J Hynes is an infrastructure consultant who has been working in IT for 17 years. Corey specializes in core infrastructure and virtualization technologies including Windows Server, Hyper-V, VDI, and System Center.
Brian specializes in Microsoft infrastructure and cloud-based solutions built around Microsoft Azure, Windows Server, and identity and access technologies.
Marcin is a systems engineer with 20+ years of experience in IT.
Tony is a Content Developer for Microsoft with over 15 years specializing in IT professional online training.
- General understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Additionally, an understanding of network concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- PowerShell will be the tool of choice when implementing the features in this course. Learners should have a good foundation in accessing and using simple PowerShell commands. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Introduction to Windows PowerShell course.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghome page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)