The University of Pennsylvania is offering free online course on Introduction to Online and Blended Teaching. In this course, you will explore several key issues that educators need to understand about teaching and learning in the digital age.
In this six week course, applicants will learn about the latest in online teaching and learning to create engaging, student-centered, and successful learning environments. The course will start on September 12, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Education & Teacher Training
Institution: University of Pennsylvania and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on September 12, 2017
The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League institution with 12 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools in Philadelphia, serving a diverse community of more than 20,000 students from around the world. Ranked consistently among the top ten universities in the United States, Penn dates its founding to 1740 and is often considered the first university to offer both graduate and undergraduate studies.
About This Course
In this course, you will explore several key issues that educators need to understand about teaching and learning in the digital age. University will look at how online learning is different from traditional methods of learning, examine how the digital practices of young people are continually changing, and explore some key considerations that need to be addressed while designing learning environments that are engaging and student-centered.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- How teaching and learning are changing in the digital world
- Best practices in online teaching and learning
- Definitions for digital literacies
- How to thoughtfully utilize technologies to support deeper learning
Barbara (Bobbi) Kurshan
Executive Director of Academic Innovation and Senior Fellow in Education, Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania
Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania
Program Director, Online Learning, VOLT Program, Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)