The Deakin University is offering free online course on Introduction to Sustainability and Development. This course is aimed at anyone interested in social and environmental issues, but may be of particular interest to those looking to enter, or currently working in the field of international and community development.
In this two week course, applicants will explore the impact of human activity on our planet, and what we can do to ensure a sustainable future for everybody. This course will start on November 6, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Introduction to Sustainability and Development
Institution: Deakin University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 6, 2017
Deakin University is Australia’s eighth largest university with more than 53,000 students from more than 100 countries studying online and on-campus!
About This Course
As extreme weather events continue to hit the headlines, it is clear that environmental issues are on the rise across the globe.
Get an introduction to sustainable development, and find out what we can do to help our environment, with this online course from Deakin University.
Why Take This Course?
You’ll explore the different ways in which sustainable development can be understood, and examine the true impact of human activity on our planet.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Critically review diverse perspectives of sustainable development
- Investigate how interactions between human development and environmental life support systems are/have been managed in real world cases
- Identify the characteristics and be able to differentiate between development, sustainability and sustainable development.
This course is aimed at anyone interested in social and environmental issues, but may be of particular interest to those looking to enter, or currently working in the field of international and community development.
Max Kelly has over 15 years experience teaching and researching issues in sustainability and development. Max has experience across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).