The University of Michigan is offering free online course on Introduction to User Experience. This UX course provides an introduction to the fields of UX research and design.
In this five week course, applicants will learn how UX research and design techniques can help you better understand user needs and create a great user experience.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Institution: University of Michigan and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on Self-Paced
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
About This Course
This UX course provides an introduction to the fields of UX research and design. Learners will gain an understanding of what is involved in UX research, including conducting interviews, evaluating systems, and analyzing systems using principles of good design.
Why Take This Course?
Learners will also learn about the work involved in UX Design, including the generation of promising design solutions and the creation of prototypes at multiple levels of fidelity. By interleaving successive phases of UX Research and Design, learners will see how to learn from inevitable mistakes and improve towards a product with a great UX.
- Learn about the skills needed for UX research and design
- Understand how UX researchers discover and assess user needs
- Learn how to conduct a micro-usability test
- Understand how UX designers take an idea from a concept to a working prototype
- Understand how to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
Mark W. Newman
Mark W. Newman is an Associate Professor in the School of Information and the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Michigan.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)