The Islamic Research and Training Institute is offering free online course on Islamic Finance and Banking. This economics and finance course will give you an overview of the Islamic financial system.
In this four weeks course, applicants will learn about the foundation and key features of the Islamic financial and banking system.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Economics and Finance
Institution: Islamic Research and Training Institute and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ 49
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) is one of the premier research and training institutes in the world dedicated to knowledge creation and dissemination in the fields of Islamic economics, banking and finance. IRTI is a member of the Islamic Development Bank Group (IDBG), an international financial institution established to foster economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries in accordance with the principles of the Shari’ah (Islamic law). The IDB Group comprises five entities: the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), the Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC), and the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC).
About This Course
This economics and finance course will give you an overview of the Islamic financial system. You will learn the core principles and basic models of Islamic finance and establish a framework for understanding this financial system.
If you are interested in the key features and foundational concepts of the Islamic financial system and institutions, or what distinguishes the Islamic financial system and its institutions from the conventional financial system, this course is for you.
Why Take This Course?
No previous knowledge about Islamic finance is needed, but basic business knowledge is advantageous.
- The core principles of the Islamic financial system.
- The various norms and prohibitions that govern activities and contracts in the Islamic financial system.
- The differences between the Islamic financial system, and its institutions, and the conventional system.
- Some of the basic modes of Islamic finance.
Mohd Azmi Omar
Sami I. Al-Suwailem
Yahya Aleem ur Rehman
Khalifa M. Ali
Conor Damien Murphy
Abdul Ghafar Ismail
Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)