Hong Kong Polytechnic University is offering free online course on Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business. The course is offered by the Knowledge Management and Innovation Research Center (KMIRC) of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
In this six-week course, applicants will learn about the integrative power of knowledge management, Big Data and Cloud Computing, and how they impact the new business era. This course will start on July 25, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Hong Kong Polytechnic University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on July 25, 2017
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is committed to education and preparing students to becoming global citizens through quality learning and teaching. We are internationally known for our excellence in professional education and innovative research.
About This Course
The business landscape is changing so rapidly that traditional management, business and computing courses do not meet the needs for the next generation of workers in the business world. Most traditional methods are of a repetitive, rule-based nature and will be gradually replaced by Artificial Intelligence. In the knowledge era, the most value added job will be to manage knowledge, which includes how knowledge is created, mined, processed, shared and reused in different trades and industry. At the same time, the amount of data and information (prerequisites of knowledge) is exploding exponentially. By 2020, IDC projects that the size of the digital universe will reach 40 zetabytes from all sources including, websites, weblog, sensors, and social media. Big data will transform how we live, work and even think. These trends and more will have a profound effect on how we see the world and create policies. In this course, the following topics are covered:
- What is knowledge management?
- How is knowledge captured, elicited, organized and created in business?
- What is big data and how can we use data analytics from a laymen perspective?
- What is Open Linked Data and how can it support machine reasoning?
- What defines the era of Science 2.0?
- How can new knowledge be mined from big data?
- What are the technical and social problems with big data?
- What is cloud computing and cloud services?
- What are examples of applications and case studies?
Why Take This Course?
The business landscape is changing so rapidly that traditional management, business and computing courses do not meet the needs for the next generation of workers in the business world. Most traditional methods are of a repetitive, rule-based nature and will be gradually replaced by Artificial Intelligence.
- Understand the role of Knowledge Management (KM) practitioners in creating business value
- Become familiar with the techniques and tools for capturing, processing, classifying and organizing knowledge
- How to analyze large quantities of data and information through analytics
- Understand the role of social media and technologies in innovating new business services
- Apply the principles you have learnt to company-based business projects
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
University of Kiel
Chief Data Officer and Group Managing Director
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)