National Research Nuclear University is offering free online course on Knowledge Management in Nuclear Energy Organizations. Students will learn how to use, transfer and preserve knowledge for the further development of nuclear power.
In this eight week course, applicant will learn why knowledge management is so vital to keeping nuclear power operations running safely and efficiently.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 1-2 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: National Research Nuclear University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI” is one of the most recognized technical universities in Russia. It is the only nuclear research university in Russia. The aim of the university existence is to prepare specialists for nuclear industry, science, information technology and other high-tech sectors of the Russian economy.
About This Course
Nuclear knowledge is critical now: the previous generation of nuclear personnel is retiring; countries are expanding nuclear programs; ageing nuclear installations may face challenges to ensure they can be operated safely; and there is a growing need for long-term management of radioactive waste and for countries phasing out nuclear programs.
Why Take This Course?
The course is designed not only for students of nuclear specialties, but also for the staff of organizations operating in the field of peaceful use of nuclear energy. This course is also designed to meet the recommendations of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The course was developed on the basis of IAEA publications on nuclear knowledge management. To take the course you do not need a deep knowledge in nuclear technology.
- Identification of problems in the knowledge management system Retention of critical knowledge
- Application of nuclear knowledge management methods and tools in practice
Evgeny G. Kulikov
Evgeny is a senior lecturer at the Department of Theoretical and Experimental Physics of Nuclear Reactors at National Research Nuclear University «MEPhI» Moscow Engineering Physics Institute.
Nuclear reactors basics
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)