The University of Queensland is offering free online course on Leading in a Complex Environment. This course is intended for people working in the modern-day global organization.
This course draws on the diverse knowledge of both leadership scholars and experienced leaders. This course will start on July 2, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: The University of Queensland and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $325
Session: Course Starts on July 2, 2018
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings.
About This Course
Leaders must be prepared to succeed in fast-moving, complex, global business environments. This course is intended for people working in the modern-day global organization and will teach you how to tackle these complex and challenging issues, including:
- How global issues, such as global warming and geopolitical tensions, impact an organization’s decision-making process and how to navigate these challenging issues.
- How leaders respond to and manage issues such as social responsibility, environmental sustainability, crisis management, and cultural differences.
- How leaders represent their organizations and why it’s important they demonstrate virtue and authenticity to build trust.
Why Take This Course?
This course draws on the diverse knowledge of both leadership scholars and experienced leaders. Through a series of engaging videos, interviews, case studies, written reflections, peer feedback, and other self-insight activities, this course alerts learners to intractable problems that are too often ignored.
- External influences in leadership, the macro-conditions that shape the global context.
- What the nature of power is and how to use it virtuously when representing your organization.
- How to lead with social responsibility and for environmental and social sustainability.
- How virtuous leadership needs to be representative and inclusive.
Bernard McKenna is an Associate Professor in the UQ Business School. His research interests include wisdom and knowledge management in the new economy; technical, political, and managerialist discourse; and professional writing.
- English writing/reading proficiency (required)
- Some experience in managing people (recommended)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)