The University of Queensland is offering free online course on Leading High-Performing Teams. This course will blend business theory and real-world case studies to teach you the skills you need to better lead people and teams within your organization.
In this ten week course, applicants will learn how to motivate, engage and empower people to build effective and high performing teams. This course will start on April 9, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: The University of Queensland and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $325
Session: Course Starts on April 9, 2018
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings.
About This Course
The course will draw on knowledge from psychology, human resource management, and organizational behavior, as well as the expertise of the management faculty and the The University of Queensland. Through a series of engaging videos, interviews, written reflections, peer feedback, self-insight activities, and video case studies of real teams in action, we unpack the ingredients that are critical for developing more effective people and higher performing teams.
Why Take This Course?
These “people skills” rank among the most challenging competencies for both novice and experienced leaders. This course will challenge you to understand your followers on a deeper level, as well as help you to reflect and improve on your own leadership practice.
- How to better motivate, engage, and develop followers.
- Improve your skill in recognizing, diagnosing, and transforming dysfunctional teams.
- Develop more effective strategies for dealing with and resolving workplace conflicts.
- Establish a work culture that brings out the best in others.
Tyler G. Okimoto
Tyler Okimoto teaches courses on leadership, conflict, HR, and decision-making in the undergraduate, MBA, and Executive Education programs at The University of Queensland.
- English writing/reading proficiency (required)
- Some experience in managing people (recommended)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)