Thunderbird School of Global Management is offering free online course on Managing People from a Global Perspective. In this business and management course, applicants will learn how to achieve organizational success through positive and growth focused employee management.
In this six-week course, applicants will learn people management practices and human resource toolsets to build high-performing cross-cultural and global team. The course will start on August 28, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 10-12 hours pw
Subject: Business and Management
Institution: Thunderbird School of Global Management and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ 249
Session: Course Starts on August 28, 2017
For 70 years, Thunderbird has set the pace for global management education as the premier institution for students, organizations and professionals looking for an edge in international business. A consistently top-ranked international business school, Thunderbird understands the complexities, challenges and competitive forces that make business across borders a nuanced endeavor. A Thunderbird education sets you apart from the competition and prepares you to make an immediate, lasting impact worldwide.
About This Course
In this business and management course, you will learn how to achieve organizational success through positive and growth focused employee management.
Students will learn current strategies for managing people in a complex, volatile global context. Starting with the basics of achieving optimal team success and the importance of managing both task and process. You will also focus on the characteristics found among high performing teams, as well as characteristics needed for success in exceptional genius/virtuoso, virtual and multicultural teams. You will also examine how to shape others’ behaviors in a global environment via basics of operant conditioning, the “3 Rs” and reward design.
Why Take This Course?
The course explores the concept of culture as applied to organizational and location-based perspectives. Students will examine personal experiences of workplace change, concepts and strategies for overcoming resistance and managing change. Relating in a multicultural environment, students will also explore strategies for balancing generosity and productivity, as well as how to avert, evaluate and overcome conflict among employees.
- Best management practices for today’s global business environment
- How to build and maintain top-notch teams
- How to raise the performance bar through coaching, goals and tools
- How to apply grounding concepts and strategies for observing and reading culture
- How to graph the relationship between workplace generosity and productivity
Christine Pearson, Ph.D., Professor of Global Leadership at Thunderbird School of Global Management, has built a worldwide reputation as an expert on curtailing and containing dysfunctional behavior at work, including the dramatic sweep of organizational crises as well as the corrosive impact of problems that escalate from low-intensity incivility and aggression in the workplace.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)